Canberra is the capital city of Australia, and has a flourishing tile industry. It is common for big factories to have tile factory warehouses to store mass tile products as they are meant to be supplied all over Australia. You can now purchase tiles online from the comfort of your home at cheaper rates. Tiles sold online often come directly from tile factory warehouses. This makes tiles available to consumers at wholesale rates and exciting discounts as they are devoid of any additional taxes.
What are Warehouses Used For?
To be defined, a warehouse is a building or a storage area where goods are stored. Generally, warehouses are considered to be factory or industrial buildings, often located in industrial zones or the outskirts of a city, town or village. Sometimes warehouses are also referred to as ‘factory outlets’ or ‘godowns’ and are mainly used by:
- Product Manufacturers
- Merchants or Traders
- Exporters and Importers
- Big Showrooms and Stores
- Product Distributors, etc.
Thus, tile factory warehouses are industrial buildings required to store, ship, sell, and transport tiles to different areas.
Types Of Warehouses
There are several types of warehouses. These are:
- Storage Warehouses
- Distribution Centres which include truck terminals and fulfilment centres
- Retail Warehouses
- Flex Space like in factories and offices
- Cold Storage Warehouses
Why Should One Buy Tiles From Wholesalers?
Wholesalers are distributors who sell factory manufactured goods to retailers or commercial, institutional, industrial or other professional business users and wholesale related service providers. Wholesalers require tile factory warehouse(s) to sell tile products in bulk to standard consumers and anyone involved in construction businesses. Tile wholesaling can thus be defined as the selling of merchandise to either a person or an organisation.
Operations Carried Out In Tile Warehouses
A tile factory warehouse carries out a number of operations that covers some important areas which include:
- Receiving Diverse Tile Products
- Cross-docking tile products
- Storing Inventory and Organising
- Operations related to Warehouse Management System
- Sorting and Packing Tiles
- Maintaining the overall infrastructure of the tile factory warehouse facility.
- Attaching barcodes and tracking solutions on products.
- Selecting delivery or pick up routes.
- Integrating tracking software and overseeing the functioning of new technology.
- Improving racking designs
- Loading and unloading of tile packages.
- Monitoring assets and preparing for shipments.
Overseas Tile Warehouses
Overseas tile warehouses are meant for overseas trade for importing and exporting tile products and also for shipping. Overseas warehouses now serve as a business venue for wholesale buyers. In e-commerce cross border trade, such warehouses are referred to as domestic enterprises. They transport tile products in bulk to targeted markets in the country. Local warehouses are then established from where distribution is done to respective consumers in time.
The benefit Of Using Overseas Warehouses
Using overseas warehouses affects the delivery speed, increasing the product price and earning profit to some extent. Simultaneously, the consumer’s satisfaction may lead to second-order, growing sales.