Any homeowner who wants to improve their home’s curb appeal should consider spray on concrete resurfacing. This type of concrete restoration is perfect for anyone who wants to restore their concrete but doesn’t have the time or money to pay a contractor. Spray-on concrete resurfacing can be done by any DIYer with basic construction skills and equipment. The process involves using a sprayer and paints gun to coat your driveway or walkway with a sealer that turns your old, cracked or faded concrete into a beautiful new finish.
Spray on concrete resurfacing is the process of spraying a concrete surface with a water-based mixture to fill in cracks, holes and other imperfections. It can be done using an airless sprayer, or by hand with a paint roller.
Benefits of Spray-on Resurfacing
Spray-on resurfacing is a great way to rejuvenate your home’s exterior in a short amount of time. If you’re tired of looking at old and faded concrete, this is the perfect solution for you! Here are some benefits of spray-on resurfacing:
- A fresh and modern look: Concrete resurfacing can give your home or business a brand-new look. It can also be used to repair damage and restore worn concrete surfaces.
- Increased durability: A concrete spray resurfacing job will add an extra layer of protection to your concrete, making it more resistant to staining, weathering and wear and tear.
- Easy to maintain: A good resurfacing job will make your concrete easier to clean and maintain.
- Improved safety: Resurfaced concrete can be made into a slip-resistant surface, which can be beneficial in areas that are prone to moisture or where there is a risk of slipping and falling.
- Cost-effective: Concrete resurfacing is a cost-effective way to improve the look of your home or business without the need for complete replacement.
- It only takes about an hour per square foot
- You can do it yourself without any special tools or training required.
- It requires no paint at all – just seal the surface with the sealer that comes with the product!
Why Is It Used?
Spray on concrete resurfacing is commonly used to repair worn or damaged surfaces in residential and commercial settings. The process can also be used to repair cracks in decorative concrete such as those found in patios, walkways, driveways and pool decks. Spray on concrete resurfacing can also be used to cover existing cracks in existing concrete surfaces such as steps and sidewalks.
Spray on concrete resurfacing is a low-cost solution that can be used in place of conventional patching and sealants. It’s also an easy way to improve the appearance of your concrete surfaces, especially when you need to repair cracks or uneven surfaces.
With spray-on concrete resurfacing, you don’t have to worry about the long-term performance of your new coating because it’s applied directly onto the existing surface. This means that it won’t have time to harden or fade over time as traditional decorative coatings do.
Application of Spray On Concrete Resurfacing
The first step in installing spray on concrete is selecting the product and choosing the colour scheme that works best for your project. Spray-on concrete products come in a wide variety of colours and patterns, so it’s important to choose one that fits your design scheme.
Next, clean out all debris from inside your home that could prevent proper adhesion of the product by using an appropriate power washer or pressure washer. Once this has been done, apply a layer of primer onto the surface area that will be covered by the spray-on finish.
You can then apply a second coat of primer if desired or let dry thoroughly before proceeding with the application of spray-on finish, and it’s done!